The apps below are recommended by Healthline.
According to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Enviornment, 8.6% of San Luis Valley residents have diabetes. With rising diabetes rates, managing this condition is more important than ever. Check out these 13 apps to get a better handle on your blood sugar levels.
13 Best Diabetes Apps
- Fooducate- Healthy Food Diet & Nutrition Scanner: You might be a foodie, but you’re not a detective. So let this multiple award-winning app do the investigative work for you. It can tell you if hidden sugar, trans fats, and corn syrup are lurking inside your groceries. But it does more than tell you what NOT to eat. It also provides suggestions for healthier alternatives.
- Glooko Logbook- Take Control of Your BG Readings: You can’t control your blood sugar levels unless you keep track of them. Hand writing your readings is time consuming and prone to error. Instead, let Glooko Logbook quickly and accurately record your numbers by syncing straight to your glucose meter.
- Diabetic Audio Recipes Lite: Diabetic Audio Recipes Lite answers the question, “What’s for dinner?” every night of the week. With a constantly updated selection of healthy, easy recipes, you’ll never have to wonder what to cook. This app reads the directions to you, so you can keep your hands free for chopping, peeling, and sautéing.
- Diabetic Connect: Of course, you value your doctor’s advice in diabetes management. But it’s also nice to get tips from people who’ve lived with the disease. Diabetic Connect links you with an entire network of people who understand exactly what you’re going through. In fact, it’s the biggest diabetes network on the Web.
- Glucose Buddy- Diabetes Helper: You’ll never forget to take your blood sugar again with this helpful app. Glucose Buddy will give you constant reminders via push notifications. Plus, it will track your blood sugar levels, carb intake, medicine, A1C levels, and more.
- Diabetes Buddy- Control Your Blood Sugar: Instead of crunching the numbers yourself, let Diabetes Buddy be your digital assistant. It will track your daily carb intake, weight, blood sugar, activity level, medicine intake, and more. Plus, Diabetes Buddy will stay on top of your medications.
- On Track Diabetes: You use GPS to keep your car headed in the right direction. OnTrack Diabetes will help you navigate all the twists and turns of diabetes management, and will ensure that you don’t ever veer away from your recommended treatment plan.
- dbees.com Diabetes Management: All you need to do is enter your diagnosis and treatment information. Then, the app will tailor activities and tests to you, to help you keep your blood sugar under control. Dbees.com Diabetes Management supports type 1, type 2, LADA, and gestational diabetes. It covers treatments ranging from insulin to medications and diet.
- Glucool Diabetes: Input all the key data: your blood glucose, blood pressure, medicine and insulin doses, carb intake, exercise, and more. Then the app will create personalized charts and reports that you can use to fine-tune your treatment.
- Diabetes Pilot: This is one of the pricier diabetes management tools, but it offers just about everything you need to get your condition under control. Diabetes Pilot records your blood sugar levels, medications, exercise, test results, weight, and more.
- Wave Sense Diabetes Manager: Several different apps will record your blood sugar readings, but this one offers a unique bonus feature. Check out award-winning educational videos that will teach you how to eat healthier and change your lifestyle so you can gain better control over your diabetes.
- iBGStar Diabetes Manager: This app uses the latest mobile technologies and data management tools to track and seamlessly share your blood sugar levels across all of your devices. It graphs your readings to give you a visual representation of trends over time. You can also get an average of your results over a 7-, 14-, 30-, or 90-day period, and share them with your doctor.
- Calorie Counter PRO MyNetDiary: Calorie Counter will act as your personal nutritionist if you need to lose a few pounds. It will tell you exactly how many calories you should be eating, and how much exercise you need to reach your goal weight. You can even access MyNetDiary’s online community, which is staffed with a registered dietitian, for support.