To learn more about how to apply for Financial Assistance, please call 719-587-6364.
How It Works
- Patient Financial Counselors, Navigators, Customer Service Representatives and other appropriate San Luis Valley Health staff are available to assist patients who would like to apply for Medicaid, CHP+, CICP, Financial Assistance, special grant funding programs, Crime/Reparation Funds, and all other payment sources that may be available.
- The staff processing your application will request financial and other information as needed to assist in determining eligibility for assistance.
- Staff will use Federal Poverty Level Guidelines up to 250% of the FPL to determine possible eligibility.
- Staff will provide patients and/or family with guidance through the application process for the above named programs and financial arrangements.
- Write-off adjustments will be made by the appropriate staff.
- Once patient responsibility is determined, the appropriate staff will send a statement and make appropriate payment arrangements as per the policy.
Interpretation of Audits Results/Reporting
- San Luis Valley Health must document and retain documentation as it pertains to the programs listed in the policy.
- San Luis Valley Health must provide internal and external auditors with information pertaining to the above named programs in a timely manner.
- Audit results must be reported to the above named governmental programs as required, senior leadership as well as the San Luis Valley Health Operating Board.
- EMTALA guidelines.
- CICP guidelines located on the State of Colorado website.
- Other federal and state agency guidelines as it pertains to Financial Assistance, CICP and Self Pay discounts and collection practices.